Falling Leaves

Recently I had lunch with some very creative women and we exchanged handmade gifts.  I wanted to do something for them that was unique, I had not seen and had not made before.  After giving it some thought, I decided to come up with these stylized leaves.  And I personalized them for the recipients.  Starting at the bottom, Rosiland always puts a flower in her quilts, so I gave her a flower.  Next, counter clockwise the orange and gold was for Jereena who is from India.  Then Barb hand dyes a lot of fabric so hers was made with a batik with the look of one of Barb's hand dyed fabrics.  Then there is Billie, and she is new to our group.  And lastly (but not least) is Carole, a fabulous quilter and all who know her know she has a very distictive look using her signature colors so the one I made for her was in celebration of that. 

Thank you to all my Creative Friends.  I look forward to a new year of creating together.  Sharing laughter, sharing techniques, encouragement and love with my sisters of the cloth!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now at Bay Arts!

Contemporary Quilt and Fiber Artists summer show

Giggle Fest !!