Tribute to Casey


My quilt guild is sad right now.  We have lost Casey.  I posted this pic on an earlier post when I was making my name tag for the art quilting and fiber art guild.  She was a special woman and in the short time that I had the pleasure of knowing her, I could see she was a talented woman and strong.  She had fought serious illness for many years, yet cancer did not have her, she had cancer.  She had a lot more art to get out and nothing was going to stop that.  She could always make a suggestion on a project that had you stumped.  She was very curious and explored new techniques all the time and shared them with the group through workshops.  She was always encouraging to those around her.  She was just one of those people that made me glad I had the pleasure of knowing her.  Talented, insightful, thoughtful, interested.....amazing.  These are some of the words that come to mind when I think about Casey.   We miss you Casey, but we will carry on and you will be in the middle of everything we do as a guild, because you will always be in our hearts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new eye on the world

Contemporary Quilt and Fiber Artists summer show

Fine Arts Night at Miami Valley Christian Academy