Mehndi Anyone?


The Diversity Council at my place of employment brings many interesting events to us but one of my favorite is Dawali, the Indian celebration also called the Festival of Lights. Each year they bring in a Mehndi artist and sometimes I take part in that. I love the stylized design. The traditional dress is also inspiring to me as a figurative artist. I have been making a very simple figure lately so I decided to design one using a Bindi the Mehndi artist brought with her. She was offering them and I decided to put it on the covered button face I was drawing for my Indian doll. What fun! Someday I will make a larger figure with traditional Indian dress, but for now this makes me happy! What do you think?
By the way, she has found a good home.  Somewhere she will be appreciated and I am happy about that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new eye on the world

Fine Arts Night at Miami Valley Christian Academy

Contemporary Quilt and Fiber Artists summer show