Falling Leaves

Recently I had lunch with some very creative women and we exchanged handmade gifts.  I wanted to do something for them that was unique, I had not seen and had not made before.  After giving it some thought, I decided to come up with these stylized leaves.  And I personalized them for the recipients.  Starting at the bottom, Rosiland always puts a flower in her quilts, so I gave her a flower.  Next, counter clockwise the orange and gold was for Jereena who is from India.  Then Barb hand dyes a lot of fabric so hers was made with a batik with the look of one of Barb's hand dyed fabrics.  Then there is Billie, and she is new to our group.  And lastly (but not least) is Carole, a fabulous quilter and all who know her know she has a very distictive look using her signature colors so the one I made for her was in celebration of that. 

Thank you to all my Creative Friends.  I look forward to a new year of creating together.  Sharing laughter, sharing techniques, encouragement and love with my sisters of the cloth!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new eye on the world

Fine Arts Night at Miami Valley Christian Academy

Contemporary Quilt and Fiber Artists summer show